21-07-2006
Krasnojarsk 21-07-2006
Although the day is already well underway, it is much too early for me to get up. I also seem to have a mild headache and my stomach isn’t its normal self. You might call it a hangover I guess. News travels fast and Nikolai finds out I am crazy about Nadia from
Nikolai takes us to Michael’s garage. Michael has a very nice collection of antique motorcycles. He has two German sidecar rigs that he himself restored. The motorcycles look like new. Whatever was rusted through beyond repair, he makes himself. For one of the motorcycles, he copied the entire frame. It is truly a wonderful collection. He is rightfully proud.
Michael joins us and we go to see the Yenisey dam. A huge 100 meter high dam. Very impressive. The water level is high and thus 5 overflow gates are open. This produces an incredible wall of water to tumble over the dam. After the dam we go for lunch, courtesy of Nikolai. Thank you Nikolai. Then we hear of two Germans and one Latvian biker coming into Krasnojarsk. We go to meet them at the home of another biker. We all have a banya and finish with dinner. Although I still don’t feel my normal self, I have a couple of vodka’s. The Russians just do not take no for an answer. Once again I get to sleep later than I would have liked. It will be early in the morning.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home